‘WARMTH FOR WARRIORS” PROJECT
“Warmth for Warriors” (www.warmthforwarriors.com) not only warms heads but also boosts morale with a “thank you” to United States soldiers being deployed overseas for anywhere from 9 to 12 months. Asked what they would like, service men and women departing from Pease Air Base in Portsmouth, NH requested knit hats to wear under their helmets outdoors and while in their quarters on chilly nights.
The Woman’s Service Club of Windham honors our troops by participating in this project and welcomes those who knits or crochet to contribute to the effort.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Hats can be knitted or crocheted. On-line instructions include both options.
- Detailed instructions are at http://www.warmthforwarriors.com/knit.html.
- Any color is fine. These hats are worn by men and women alike.
- Although instructions indicate wool yarns, the WSCW recommends using non-wool fibers due to possible allergies and sensitivities to wool.
- Finished hats are being collected by WSCW member Nancy Greenberg, who will then arrange to have them delivered to Pease. She can be reached at email@example.com or at 603-537-1756.
- Also contact Nancy with any questions.